Canthius is an intersectional feminist magazine that publishes poetry and prose by writers of marginalized gender identities, including trans, Two Spirit, non-binary, agender, cis women, genderqueer, GNC, and intersex writers. We are committed to publishing diverse perspectives and experiences and strongly encourage Indigenous women, Black women, and women of colour to submit. We also welcome submissions in Indigenous languages.
- We accept submissions exclusively from writers of marginalized gender identities, including trans, Two Spirit, non-binary, agender, cis women, genderqueer, GNC, and intersex writers
- This contest is open to Canadian and International poets.
- Entry fee is $25 (first entry, includes one-year subscription) and $35 for international submissions. Additional entries are $10 for both Canadian and international submissions and do not include a subsequent subscription.
- You may enter 1-3 poems in a single entry, to a maximum of 150 lines per poem.
- Entries must be unpublished and not simultaneously under consideration for any other contest or publication. Submissions can be withdrawn at any time.
- Do not include your name on your submission attachment. Please enter your name and contact information in the form provided by Submittable. In the space reserved for a cover letter, please include the title of the piece(s) you have submitted and a line count.
- Entries must be sent in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format.
- If you require assistance submitting in an alternate format or require further accessibility assistance in order to submit to our contest, please send your request to canthiusjournal (at) gmail (dot) com and let us know how we can best assist you.
- Contest winners will be contacted directly by email in November 2022. Please ensure that Canthius is designated as an approved sender to prevent our response from being caught in your email spam filters.